Monday, March 2, 2015

Butterflies and Hexagons challenge 25

Hi there.  After missing the last butterfly challenge I thought I would be early this time around.  So Mrs. A has chosen hexagons together with the butterflies.  I thought I would try a new technique this time (new to me anyway).
I used my emboss folder to make this watercolour effect background.  I inked up the emboss folder on the side where the name appears with TH distress inks broken china and bundled sage.  Spritzed the folder with water and laid the watercolour paper on top and pressed the ink into the paper.  Left it to dry naturally.  The stamps are from SU and Clearly Besotted.  Added a few pearls and some glitter glue.  I am quite pleased with the background and will use this technique again.  Thanks for looking.
Lynn xx

5 comments:

  1. OMYGoodness Lynn, this is gorgeous!! What a very creative way to water color, I have to give this a try, it is beautiful!! I scrolled down your posts for a bit and saw the sad news of your adorable Pippa...I can truly understand as we have been there...my Nellie will be 10 in August and I am terrified of losing her...I am so sorry!!
    I too, missed the last butterfly challenge, went to enter my card, and it was closed...lol...I seem to have a habit of that...have a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done here with inking up the embossing folder. I have yet to try this! Your butterfly is so cute attached with the little clothespin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so busy thinking about how you had used the embossing folder I completely missed the clothes peg until Kitty mentioned it! lol. What a lovely effect that technique has produced. Not seen that done before. Must give it a try. A gorgeous card. Thankyou for fluttering by my #25. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ray ban sunglasses sale uk not speak in front. You how the rain. ray bans sale uk online Face so ugly, is sick of it. Dumbo students scared panicked, very gentle rain touched the forehead, ray ban sunglasses sale uk Rain, tomorrow ray ban sunglasses sale uk a holiday, where we go to play ah. cheap happy face and asked, but the girl did but not hot. Rain shook his head did not speak, ray ban sunglasses sale online cheap also ray ban sunglasses sale uk said rain, day today

    ReplyDelete
  5. nike air jordan 4 retro sale half a minute, if they saw this old guy in a stall selling vegetables nike air jordan 4 retro sale here, nike air jordan 4 retro sale came to save up air jordan 4 uk to two minutes. You see this when she could not walk nike air jordan 4 retro sale we certainly criticized. Leading see if we can get even a cheap nike air jordan 4 shoes woman can not, we did not even think about it.

    ReplyDelete