Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Thumping technique and a visit to the Playground

Hello there.  I have recently taken up the challenge by Rina to join her 'learn new techniques for 2016' on her facebook page.  Her lovely blog is HERE.  The first technique was the "thumping technique" and you can find a short video on her blog.

I used a scrap piece of whisper white cardstock, and a lovely Sheena Douglas tree stamp.  I stamped with soft suede to start with and then I thumped three different shades of green marker on the stamp - a bit of a huff, and this is the result.

Oops sorry for the orientation - feel free to crick your neck to take a closer look, lol. !!!
As I have used pieces of offcuts for the stamping and matting, oh, and a small piece of shrink plastic for the leaves - I shall enter this into Di's Snippets challenge.  Have a good rest of the week. Lynn x


3 comments:

  1. I'm all for learning new techniques Lynn and this is a new one for me. I love the card that you've made and I always think that greens and Browns work beautifully together. I'm a great fan of tree stamps and this one is superb, especially against the background you've made. Thank you for the kind comments that you've left on my blog today, they're very much appreciated. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so effective - gorgeous and I love the background papers you chose to complement it.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Lynn - and I did giggle about the 'thumping' technique :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete